Wednesday, November 2, 2011

small pet peeve

We all have them. Little pet peeves that can drive you nuts.

Thanks to Taco Bell, I have discovered one to mark down in the books.

Speaker: "Hi, Thanks for choosing TB..take your time and order when your are ready."
Me: "Thanks"
Speaker only 1 minute later: "Take your time and order when you are ready."
Me: (thinking in my head...THAT IS WHAT I'M DOING) "Thanks, it will be one more second."

Or another one that really isn't so much a pet peeve, just bothers me sometimes. Often when you pull up to a drive through they will ask how are you doing. We usually will respond great, how are you doing? (genuinely asking) Their response: Take your time and order when you are ready. Really, this boils down to people either not actually listening or they are just stuck in a routine & it's hard to shake a routine. :)

Note to self: Spend less time at drive thru windows. This will help my stress & frustrations AND my waist line :)

-Kells

2 comments:

Heather and Jason Dew said...

I know exactly what you mean... at least they ask you how you're doing in Texas lol. It's usually just- can I take your order- here!

Unknown said...

lol..I learned in FL that when people ask how you are doing they arent looking for a response. I stopped answering and asking..smh!