Friday, March 25, 2011

recipes!

hi friends!! welcome to the new layout of my blog :) my friend Kim helped me figure all this business out. I'm normally GREAT with most things internet, this blogger had me feeling ALLLL stupid. :) Now that I actually know what I'm doing, I just might change it up often....we'll see.

Tonight Teddy and I had planned to spend some quality time together. But, he had to go into work. bummer! So to busy myself I've watched some sermons & spent time with the Lord, read blogs, listened to my favorite pandora station (Meredith Andrews), and just dug deeper into some spiritual topics I'm wanting to learn more about. It has been wonderful.

I realized I haven't put up any recipes in a while & I'm still trying new ones constantly, so I need to share!! No pictures, sorry!

Well I was going to type it all out. But makes more sense to just post the link. All three of these recipes come from my new favorite place...Eat Better America (click the link)My friend, Jaclyn, from lifehouse told me about it. I LOVE IT!

Chicken Tortilla Casserole: We both liked this & were able to eat on it multiple days! Yay for left overs! (I would have never said that 2 years ago...but now that it feels like I'm always cooking, I really dig leftovers) :)

Garlic Shrimp Pasta: Make sure you have everything to go before you begin cooking this. Everything happens so quick. My kitchen was an absolute disaster after I cooked this. I didn't prep well, and it stressed me out. Plus, I think I cooked the shrimp too long with the wine/broth so alot of it evaporated. Whoops! I steamed some squash & zucchini for a side. Not read re-heated because the spinach is soggy. I will try to cook this again but not let all the wine/broth steam away...:) Oh and I did wheat pasta instead.

Skillet Lasagna: This was yummy! I also did wheat noodles for this. I did use the organic sauce and noticed nothing different! I found it at our local farmers market/grocery place. No where to be found at wally world. This was also great re-heated!

Not from eat better america-
Ranch Cheeseburgers: Again, another good one. I used Turkey meat. We don't use ground beef anymore...everything turkey. (turkey sausage, turkey hotdogs etc) You could easily do less cheese. I will next time. These were great reheated. It makes 4 burgers (or more if you make smaller) so we ate them the next day! yummy!

Let me know if you cook any of these things!! :)
-Kells

1 comment:

Kim Marcos said...

LOVE the new layout!