Thursday, March 17, 2011

ONE year anniversary

I seriously can't believe one year has passed. I love my husband SO much and seriously can't imagine everyday without him. My love and respect has grown so much for him within 12 months! I'm so serious when I say I'm madly in love! :)

Our day to celebrate was perfect. We went to the movies at 10:30am to see The Kings Speech. We were a little late getting there, but I enjoyed the movie! We were pretty tired due to a busy wedding weekend (I'll talk about that more later)...so there were a few times when I started to dose off...but not because the movie wasn't good. I would suggest it!

Leaving the movie:


Next we went to lunch with my parents & amy/jason. We went to a new sports bar type place in Southlake. It was pretty good!

Next stop: Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens. It was PERFECT weather! Light breeze, sunshine with clouds. We had the best time walking around hand & hand chatting and looking at beautiful flowers. Teddy really enjoyed acting like a photographer & taking pictures of every pretty thing we passed. :) He did get some good shots! After about 3 hours of walking around we decided to take a break and exchange presents in the park on a blanket. We did the traditional present theme for 1 yr...paper. Pictures will do the rest of the talking for this part of our date.







GIFTS:


A coupon book full of dates I made for Teddy!

Our Vows printed out & framed!

A fun spiral Teddy designed for me. :)

My bouquet of paper flowers Teddy made!! I was THOROUGHLY impressed! He made them orange because my wedding bouquet was mostly orange. So thoughtful!

We got back to the house & he had one more surprise for me....

WE ARE GOING TO THE SUGARLAND CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) a HUGE surprise!!


Last stop: The Melting Pot in Arlington. I can't even tell you how amazing this experience was. We have never done fondue and we had a blast! The restaurant was so perfect for an anniversary...cozy & romantic. We did a 4 course meal option. Cheese fondue, salad, meat fondue, and chocolate fondue. It took over 2 hours to finish everything! Our seating was perfect, a booth...yet not. We got to sit right next to each other and enjoy conversation all night! Highly recommend this place to EVERYONE!

Cheese fondue!

Brought our meat out like this (duck, ny strip, chicken, shrimp, peppercorn beef, cheese ravioli)

We cooked everything in the fondue pot. We also had vegetables & potatoes to cook in this pot!

All the yummy stuff to dip in our chocolate pot!


See what I mean...a booth, but not. We didn't have to sit across from each other!



We experienced so many things during this first year of marriage. We have laughed together, cried together, worshiped the Lord together, and ultimately fell more in love with each other! We are taking time to write out some of our favorite memories in a journal. We will use that journal to document each year of our marriage. Writing down hard things, funny things, life changing things etc.

Can't wait to see how this next year unfolds...:) I love you baby!
-Kells

1 comment: