Wednesday, September 23, 2009

planning planning planning

that is the story of my life currently. i feel like i'm going to sleep thinking about marriage/wedding, dreaming about, and waking up thinking about it. not just about our wedding day, but just life after.

-update, i found THE dress. I will be buying it ASAP.
-I have asked all but one of my bridesmaid to be apart of my big day
-I know what bridesmaid dresses i'm using (in picture...sry its not bigger)
-We have exact colors now :) clover green, navy and orange (not neon, but soft)
-We aren't doing a unity candle. We are either doing sand or possibly potting a plant (sounds strange i know, but it might work)
-I found a song that i love to walk down the isle to. I'm still looking though!
-engagment pictures are THIS sunday. :) even though its been 70ish degrees everyday this week its suppose to be 90 that day...great. urgh
-Trying to figure out party favors right now: possibly a CD/candy bar...unsure!
-Think i want to do cupcakes for my cake. maybe a 2 teir small cake with cupcakes around it...
-might do fish in our centerpieces...orange ones :) that equals less flowers, more greenery & a fish. sounds fun to me!
-We still aren't sure who is doing our wedding, but thats ok. It will come together.
-honeymoon is still being looked into. Teddy is taking care of all that business!


Teddy & I just started reading Love & Respect...what an incredible book. it's perfect for our relationship, and probably would be perfect for yours too. if you are in a relationship (engaged/married) I HIGHLY suggest it & I'm only one chapter in. it's great. :)

In other news: Dena is coming to visit me in TWO weeks. how freakin exciting!!!! She will fly in on a Thursday & fly out Tuesday night. It's the fall break for tech, so I have monday & tuesday off work. it's wonderful!!! Oh & there is a possibility that I might go to a conference for CRU in LA...therefore, get to see dena AGAIN! And then she will be back for my wedding considering that she is a bridesmaid. So that means seeing each other 2 times in the span of 6 months...maybe 3. yahooooooooooooooo

1 comment:

Taylor said...

yay!! so glad you posted updates on your planning!! sounds like you are getting so much done! Love the fish idea--fish are SO cheap!..with a little arranement around the base of the fish bowl....a few candles...you are set! We didn't do a unity candle. But, this girl at our church got sand/rocks from both of their childhood playgrounds...like their elementary schools and that is what they used. Cute huh? I like the plant idea too! or even a tree you guys can plant somewhere!...and in 50 years...see it still standing..thats special! Loved the update!

Talk to you soon!
Taylor