Monday, September 28, 2009

more stuff...

it's crazy to think that we've been engaged for only 3 weeks. we have gotten SOOO much done. :)

little update from last blog...

-i BOUGHT the dress today!!! :) yahoooo sooo fun.

-two out of my 6 bridesmaid have bought their dresses

-I'm now on a hunt for navy flats for all of us to wear. if you ever get bored or if you are looking for shoes yourself and see navy flats holla at me. i'm already having a hard time finding some. thanks!

-our official theme is "rooted in love...": we will be potting a plant at our wedding. I think the way it will work is for one mom add soil, one mom add the seeds, and Teddy & I add the water. does that make sense? And then at the reception we will have potted plants...soil...that kinda stuff. We might still incorporate fish, because I still like that. We will see.

-OH and I thought about for wedding favors doing the CD thing, OR give out packets of seeds. But then katie webb told me about seed paper. Basically we would pass out a piece of paper cut in the shape of a heart...and that paper is what you put in the ground to grow wild flowers. here is an example: the red part is the "seed paper" that you would just remove from the paper & grow flowers from. HOW COOL IS THAT? i love it. And plus, if we have extra I will be pumped to use them myself. :)

-Honeymoon is BOOKED. we are going to The Royal Playa Del Carmen! check out the link to see it! http://www.realresorts.com/The_Royal_Playa_Carmen/ it's so stinkin nice. We will fly out Monday morning and staying 5 nights & 6 days. sooooo excited!!!


ok enough about wedding stuff. I haven't been able to tell you how proud I am of my fiance in a while. so I will take a moment to let you know what a freakin stud he is. He has been nailing all his test with A's. Just doing sooo well in his class. He tells me how he tries to encourage other people in his class. He always is way early, showing his dedication to his job. He had a guy ask if he could go to church with teddy & i. It just shows his character & how the other guys respect him. i love him so much & so proud of his hard work. can't wait for him to be my husband!!

I'm officially going to LA in november. I'm stoked. I just need to book my tickets! The experience of working with across cultures should be challenging & fun. Plus, getting to hang out with Dena on top of that. :) :) sooo exciting! pLUS, going to LA. never been before....hope to see someone famous!! yahoooo

I feel like my life is ALLLL over the place right now. I had 6 loads of laundry to do today. I started the first load at around 12:30...its now 6:30. How many do I have done completely? none. I have one in the dryer & one in the washer. I wanted to clean my room today, but I haven't. I went to get my ring re-sized today, but couldn't. I need to get my car inspected, but I didn't. I need to call the Credit card company. Pay a bill to my old apartments. pay teddy & I's sprint bill. on top of all this, my computer is still not working correctly. Therefore, it just makes life a little bit more hectic. Oh and my room is a mess. wedding stuff EVERYWHERE, clothes everywhere, papers everywhere. I just feel like I don't know how to manage time anymore. I had today off of work, and yes I have done things. But where does time go? I haven't watched one bit of TV today, and honestly haven't been on here much either. it just drives me nuts. I want my life to get organized again...but unsure how to do that when I'm trying to work, play, plan, relax, and maintain relationships. it is HARD work and my current status in this is failed. :) i'm trying though....sorta.

one thing I do know is that my identity continually can be found in Christ. I was gently reminded of this, this past weekend at Fall Retreat. thank you Lord for that! puts my mind at ease for a little bit of time at least.

i'm out. gotta fold stupid laundry!
-Kels

No comments: