Friday, September 11, 2009

i'm ENGAGED!


OK, wow it's been a while. First off all if you want to read about how we got engaged you can go to our wedding website: http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/TeddyLytle&KelliSmith


What a special evening that was. It's been one week since we got engaged & I'm STILL so excited about all this. There are so many things to do..goodness! We have our photographer so far...Brittany Strebeck (http://www.brittanystrebeck.com/). This afternoon I went to go look at places with my girls. We only went to one place called The Legacy. It's an old presbyterian church that the YMCA bought & remodeled. I really like it. But, it was the first place.


As far as colors go...I'm still not 100% about anything. I think i'm leaning more toward Kelly's green, burnt orange, and navy. It's my room colors, but my eye is drawn to those colors whenever I'm looking at wedding stuff. We will see! :) Nothing else has been set...well except that we will have our wedding in the afternoon (2:00pm). This allows people to drive back to wherever to get back to work on Monday.


I will try to keep this up to date on details and what not. But we will see how well I do...


Ok--back to my last post. Katie & Taylor came to visit me. What a wonderful time we had together. They missed being here for the engagement by one weekend, but thats ok. Something that I thought about that was interesting is that fact that I was with Taylor the weekend before she got engaged & she was with me the weekend before I got engaged. Katie is next for that to happen to. :) ha! Anyways, we had so much fun together. I CAN'T WAIT to see them in 6 months for the wedding!


Alrighty--i'm exhausted & I think going to take a nap. We are going on a double date tonight with our favorite young married couple Calder & Ceri! I'm excited!! :) :)
-Kells

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Thanks for posting a little about your planning! AND I never thought about the fact that we were both with each other the weekend before we both got engaged! weird! Its neat considering we only see each other a couple times a year!!!

love you!