Sunday, August 19, 2012

busy.

Update time...
 Teddy and I have been busy. Last week we had a meeting every day for work. After those initial meetings we have had extra meetings to work on things that are specific for our role on our team, plus chasing whatever details we have been assigned. On top of that I've been doing a little training for new people on the team. We have spent A LOT of time with our co-workers. Luckily, we love them & thoroughly enjoy being around them. They are like family.

I'm also still enjoying getting settled into our home. I've painted a bed-side table (first time to do this), hung several curtains, decorating here and there, and mostly just trying to keep up with cleaning a bigger home. I have one other piece of furniture to paint at this point. I brush painted the side table, but this piece I will probably spray paint (after I sand and prime it!). I like little pops of color. Our kitchen sink constantly has dishes which is the result of us TRYING to eat at home more. That is hard. I think I would be OK eating at home daily, if I had someone do the dishes. :) Not one of my favorite chores. But I do enjoy a clean kitchen. It's a newer thing for me. If my kitchen is picked up & clean and the rest of the house is in shambles, I feel fine.

I love having a washer and dryer in my house. It's in our bathroom (it's a larger space)...so it's really easy when you get ready to hop into the shower you just throw your clothes into the washer machine. EASY. I usually do one load every week. Instead of hauling off a few loads multiple times during the month to a laundry mat. My only problem now is that fact that I've let this last load sit in my dryer for 3 days. Opps. That obviously isn't allowed (nor smart) at a laundry mat...so yea, that is something I need to work on. Putting away clothes has never been a strong suit of mine. :)

The weather here in Lubbock has been WONDERFUL. For some reason it has been in the high 80's/low 90's the past week. We have gotten rain too the past 4 evenings. I'm gussing it's the rain that is making thigns cool off. Whatever it is, I am loving it. Our house faces West. So the back side of our house is warm in the mornings and the front side hot in the evenings due to the sun. It's very noticeable. So I have loved that our A/C isn't running non-stop & I'm not sweating sitting under a fan in our living room while eating dinner. :)We even spent an evening out on our porch hanging out watching a lightning storm roll in. I LOVE having a porch.

Yesterday was Teddy's birthday! He turned 25! We spent the evening with friends. We went to On the Border for dinner, then headed back to some friends house to eat cake/icecream and play poker. It was a really fun time! Then today we went to eat brunch at The Pancake house. We have never been there but it is a local place that I've always heard about. It was delicious! Then we killed some time at Bed Bath & Beyond/Old Navy before heading to a movie. We saw The Odd life of Timothy Green. It was precious. We both really enjoyed the movie! Over all, this birthday was a success!!

Life is nuts, I will try to keep up.
-Kelli

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, life is nuts. I wanted to see that movie. Good to know its good before I spend my money. Sounds like yall got this couples life down. Congrats on the house and the start of an exciting new year.