Sunday, May 13, 2012

TINY TINY towns

We spent an afternoon here enjoying the view & praying together!
I've always grown up in a good size city. Wichita Falls had at least 100,000 ppl when I lived there until 6th grade and then Lubbock next (and still) which is getting close to 220,000 ppl. You can get anything you need here in Lubbock. I enjoy it.

BUT, this weekend Teddy and I went on a support trip to Munday, Tx. This my friends is a TINY TINY town. You know a town is small when there isn't even a Dairy Queen. We had to stay in Haskell, Tx because they had a hotel that was in business. :)

Cute Wagon @ the park!
I will say there was something I liked about it. No, there weren't many food options and we ate dairy queen two times in the span of 3 days (sick-out)--side note, I never would've thought that was gross before our Whole30 challenge. Now...BARF. There were multiple times when we both said we just didn't want to eat anything because there weren't many options for healthy stuff. So back to what I was saying, it's a slower pace of life. We went to church in Munday that was right off the main road, but essentially in the middle of a field. You opened your windows and it was SILENT. It was sooo strange. I was trying to explain to Teddy how silence at times can be deafening because that was one of those moments. But it seemed so simple. Still. Peaceful. And I kind of liked it.

Do I like it enough to say lets move outside of Lubbock to the country and work within the city limits...no. I'm not there. But it was nice for a weekend.

This is from the church parking lot. PRETTY.
Also, we went to church at Believers Chapel this morning. We were invited by some of our new friends from that community and it was great. It's a small country type church but you can tell they were all a huge family. Church started at 10:30 and the sermon was started until 12:00pm. I knew I should've packed a snack (well...stop at a convenient store I suppose) He spoke for 30 mins, so we attended a 2 hour church service. We literally sang 7 worship songs in a row and I had to sit down around song 5. :) But it was a good experience! We feel like we have a new little city to love on us. We know we will have more trips back to this small community. We felt so cared for & found so many people who get the gospel and celebrate the career choice we have made! I'm looking forward to getting to know these sweet people over the years!


I have said this time and time again but it's truly amazing the journey God has taken us while raising support. Never would've imagined spending a weekend in Haskell/Munday with 10 new potential partners in ministry!

I still have a story about a Craigslist support I need to document too! One of the coolest stories through our support raising journey. I need to write it down so I will always remember God's ridiculous ways! :)

-Kelli

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow..yeah MPD will take you places if you let it..lol. Its funny that a 2 hour church service is a big deal. Thats a norm and its even longer when I add Sunday School. Anyway, Im glad you shared this. Looks like fun and interesting place.