Sunday, May 27, 2012

Branson SP Week #1

So many of you who read my blog are probably very aware of the complete miracle it is that this blog title is referring to Branson. I will be writing an entire blog dedicated to our crazy journey and especially for those last six days leading up to Branson. But for now I figured I would share our first week here with lovely instagram pics. :)

Couple things:
-Our staff team is 25 adults & 9 children (ranging from 4 mths-14 yrs old)
-Majority of the team are ppl we joined staff with LAST summer...it's fun!
-5 of the staff are considered "student staff". This just means they are still in college, but will be in the role of full-time staff for the summer.
-I am leading the Women's time with an intern from OSU named Courtni
- Teddy is leading Adventure Days with an intern from UT named Grayson
-I am leading my own small group. My students consist of a girl from SFA, LSU, and UofH (grad)
-Teddy is leading a small group with Brett Marcos and will have 3 guys in their group.
-We live in a hotel for these 7 weeks...it's called The Honeysuckle Inn. It's wonderful!
-It has already been wayyyy hotter than usual here. I think we are in for a pretty hot summer.
-It's sad driving up the main strip and seeing all the tornado damage. There are many things that haven't been cleaned up or rebuilt.

Now for pictures. As much as I would love to get this dumb blog to align the pics in order, I can't make it work right some times. So...just enjoy these out of order pics that are all over the blog! 
Starting our 7 1/2 hr drive from Fort Worth

So thrilled to spend the summer with Kimbo! :)

Wednesday we had a staff womens morning at the beach hanging out!
After the beach the 3 of us went to get pedi's!
Tunnel's on the way to Branson!
Staff lunch on the Branson Belle Showboat. Lunch & a show! (Sunday)
Laney Bollens. People often think she is my own child. I'm ok with that. :)



Teddy and I during our first "creative rendezvous" planned by the staff guys for the staff women!
The setup for our creative rendezvous. They made dinner for us & served us well! 





 I have tons of pictures of all the fun we are having. We do have staff meetings in the mix of all this fun stuff, but I don't take pictures of that. :) Tomorrow we have a day to set up the rest of the hotel rooms for our students. Putting together bunk beds and cleaning things up. Students arrive on Tuesday! We will have a CRAZY busy week with orientation/job training (for students)/get to know you activities.

I have said it 159,053 times that I love summer projects...but holy moly do I LOVE summer projects. What a blessing to get to experience this with my sweet husband. This will be our first experience with ministry TOGETHER. I'm pumped to see how the Lord uses this summer in our personal walk with God, with our students, and our marriage. Check back often to get more updates!

-Kelli

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG...I love summer projects too!! Makes me miss Impact Leadership Mission formally known as Kamp but Im super excited for Haiti. We debrief on the 1st and fly out of Miami on the 2nd. This is where it all begins.

So some things I find funny...1 Impact never has that many kids involved in anything. 2. Your staff team for the summer is equivalent to the total Impact staff. 3. I forgot Branson is a Red River Region project. 4. Impact never has that many guys. We were going to have 1 student and one alumni guy but our student guy dropped out at the beginning of the month...smh!So although there is 13 of us total..3 of them are men and 2 of the men are serving as staff...

Praying for you guys. I know its going to be an amazing summer on the beach. I need to squeeze in some time to go get a pedi.