Thursday, September 22, 2011

gaining support & losing weight

hello dear friends!

As you all know we are in a season of raising support. Just a quick update on that...we are right about 28% verbally committed and in hand of our monthly amount. And around 15% our special need gifts. We are currently ahead of the set goals for us.

You may not be aware, but it normally takes a couple around 6 months-1 year to be fully funded. Our prayer is for February. I might have already mentioned this before, but join us in praying that we would be BACK ON CAMPUS by February. Another bold prayer that I would love for you to join us in, is that we would be at 50% by the time we head to Estes Park for a support conference we must attend. We leave for the conference October 9th. That means in 2 weeks & 3 days we would see 22% of our monthly support come in. That's a HUGE amount to be raised in 2 weeks, but being surrounded by support raising since being involved in Cru, I've seen crazier things happen. God can do big things.

We are heading to Wichita Falls on Friday for at least 8 days. We already have 12 appointments set up in that city & praying for more people to pick up their phones so we can get more appointments. And while we are on the topic of praying for our support, add that too. :)

So while the Lytle's are GAINING ministry partners, we are currently LOSING weight!

Teddy started the insanity work out back in August. He is now on week 5 of it. With this work out comes a meal plan/diet type thing. Really, it's very normal healthy things to eat, which has made it pretty easy to make the switch to healthier things. He eats 5 times a day...so that means I now eat 5 times a day. Small meals of course...but it was made my metabolism sky rocket. I haven't been near as active as Teddy is...shoot, he is working out 6 days of the week. I'm good if I make 1-2 days a week. But because of his diet change, mine has made a change too. Of course, I still have fried food every once and while (I can't give this up fully) but this is by far the healthiest I have eaten in pretty much my entire life. For me, I'm mostly more aware of my portions and calories.

Teddy has lost 11lbs and for sure inches. We forgot to do a before measure...whoops.
I have lost 5.5lbs and not so sure about any inches. I think I need to lose another 5lbs before I start noticing a difference in my clothes. :)

We are excited about it. The only thing that stinks is that eating healthy is more expensive. My parents are incredibly generous in buying our groceries while we are living with them, so that helps during this time. But while we are traveling, we are obviously buying our own groceries and it's becoming very clear how expensive this business is. But it's worth budgeting for once we get a budget set. We realize this now and will have to make adjustments.

I will keep you posted on all of the above.
Thanks for your prayers!!!
-Kells

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Definitely will be praying for all of that with support. Yall are trusting the Lord for a lot but I know He will honor your faith. You are right, I have seen the Lord do bigger and crazier things while serving in full time ministry. Dont worry people will pick up the phone in due time.

Congrats on the weight loss. I did insanity during one of our summer projects. That thing will get you in shape in no time. I liked the challenge. You are right, eating healthy is really expensive. I just finished a weight loss competition with a really strict meal plan. My parents have also been gracious to buy my food but it was definitely really pricey. I have lost 24lbs in 12 weeks. I too eat 5 meals a day and my metabolism is through the roof as well. But I feel great and my clothes dont fit. I am ready to get another 6lbs off so I can be at the 30lbs mark before the holidays, actually I might be at the 40lbs point before then..humm. Anyway, keep it up!!