Wednesday, February 3, 2010

pre-marital counseling

well, we started this stage in our life tonight. We started pre-marital counseling. It was great! We are doing this through out church. We meet with 2 other couples & the pastor/wife that heads it up.

I was quite nervous before walking in. We showed up way too early so I ask Teddy if we could just sit in the car for a little bit to calm my nerves. After listening to one more song on the radio & Teddy praying for us we walked in....and it was great!

I think my favorite part was the comparison between a covenant vs. contract. It was pretty neat.

contract: giving minimum amount to get biggest gain, typically between two people, you can break a contract
covenant: giving the most you have to get better gain, in a covenant there is also 3 people (couple & God!), no ending point.

i'm excited to see what we continue to learn through this! :)
-Kells

No comments: